Sunday, January 14, 2007

OK Camera

OK Camera


You know, I’ve always wanted one.

The way I figure it, it’s an aid for the quiet times, when I can’t find the words, or when there are too many at once.

It’s for when I’m shy or uncertain, which is often these days.

It’s for when I am compelled to give evidence for what I think or feel.

Most of all, it’s for when I know that something important is about to be lost.

These will be snapshots, then, amateurish and imperfect. I’m content to leave the art to others, and, happily, they are equally content to make it.

I just need a different way to say things sometimes.

8 comments:

Frank said...

Hello, cyclops. I look forward to seeing your images. We have an older and lower meg version of that camera and enjoy it very much.

husk said...

go black & white! soothing, isn't it ;)

Vila H. said...

Frank: Hey, I think cyclops works for me! ;-) I'm liking the Powershot so far, except for the fact that it didn't come with a case and I haven't had time to pick one up. Soon...

Vila H. said...

Husk: Isn't black and white your niche? :-) I do love it, though, and always have. Everything looks a little like Stranger Than Paradise. Even me.

husk said...

I do everything in black & white -- yes, everything :P

Vila H. said...

Hmm... ;-)

bob said...

...but art is at it's best when it's amateurish and imperfect, vila!

Vila H. said...

I'm inclined to think so.