Monday, August 07, 2006

The Great Escape

So, this vacation thing. I think maybe I’ll try it.

As luck would have it, there’s a big academic labour conference in Vancouver next weekend, which the union is flying me out for. After the conference has ended, I will remain in the city for ten whole days, during which time I intend to do nothing that even faintly resembles work.

I wonder what that will be like?

Already, James and his friends are conspiring to whisk me away from the conference site to the nearest dive bar, which is, conveniently, only a few blocks away. From there, I have been promised an itinerary that will include excursions to the mountains, the beach, sushi restaurants, dance clubs, and possibly even a fetish party. Now, where did I put my fishnets?

It all sounds marvellous, if slightly unreal. Vancouver is three thousand miles away, which means that, in a few days time, I’ll be three thousand miles away.

Cool.

2 comments:

itsallgrey said...

Enjoy. Vancouver is positively gorgeous.

Sparky said...

Have a great time...you'll fall in love with the west...I know I did.