Saturday, March 11, 2006

Counting

Simone still hasn’t eaten anything. She drank some water last night, but not today. The vet said it would take 48 hours for the antibiotics to start working. It’s been 55 hours since her first dose.

I haven’t had a full night’s sleep since last Sunday.

It caught up with me this afternoon, as I was trying, and failing, to pill her. I couldn’t get her to unclench her jaw, and after a half-dozen attempts she ran under the bed and I burst into tears.

Then Arit came over, even though she was tired and hadn’t had dinner, and she got the pill in just like that. Then we talked for a while and I loved her more than ever.

Simone just drank some water. Good girl.

When Phil and I first got the cats, we had them tested for FLV. Ivan’s test was negative. Simone’s was indeterminate. The vet wants to test her again after her fever breaks, but I’m not thinking about that right now.

Her next appointment is on Monday afternoon. That’s 36 hours away.

No comments: