Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Five odd things about me

While I was away, I was tagged with several memes of varying origin. This one comes via Nick, who really should know better.

1. I was almost a concert pianist.

I studied classical piano for ten years, then gave it up for rock ‘n’ roll. My reasoning: more groupies.

2. I have never driven a car.

Like many urban teenagers, I never got around to getting a driver’s license. This is probably just as well since I won’t be able to afford a car until my early fifties.

3. I have a mole on my left hip.

Not one of those little pin-prick moles, although I must have at least fifty of those. No, this mole’s different: it’s bolder, saucier, with a certain je ne sais quoi. I should probably get it looked at.

4. I am hopelessly addicted to Smartfood.

Mmm, Smartfood...

5. Deep down (like, waaay down), I am really a utopian anarchist.

I believe that the government should provide all citizens with a guaranteed annual income of $25,000 per year. Anyone who wanted more money than that would be permitted to engage in paid employment. The rest of us would be free to spend our time doing things that don’t pay: e.g., smoking, blogging, art. Who’s with me?

Okay, uberfrau, you’re it...

4 comments:

Nick said...

I should know better, you're right... but I don't! I am powerless before an imposing meme.

Frank said...

Wow! Never driven a car? That makes you more urban than me. I thought I was a city kid because I know how to parallel park.

Smartfood!! They have that up here!?! We dump it in a salad bowl and eat it with a spoon. Saves from constantly licking your fingers. My mother was a big cheese popcorn eater. She taught us that.

Vila H. said...

Indeed, there is Smartfood in Quebec, although the supply is intermittent at best. Try Quatre Frères, or a better-stocked dep.

As for not driving, I think it has something to do with growing up in cities that have decent subway systems. Most of the people I've met who don't drive grew up in Toronto, New York, and, more rarely, Montreal. (Now that I think of it, I don't think I've met any from Chicago, despite the "L", which suggests this one deserves further investigation...)

elsa said...

I used to sell SmartFood. Damned fine stuff.