Sunday, January 22, 2006

Did you know. . .

. . . that Canadian television networks agreed to a request by federal politicians not to release debate footage to satirists?*

. . . that Conservative Party strategists have admitted to keeping socially conservative candidates away from the media for fear of “derailing” the campaign?

. . . that students at UCLA are being offered $100 per lecture by a conservative alumni group to expose “radical” professors?

. . . that NYU graduate students have entered the third month of their strike?

. . . that the Quebec government has filed a motion to have CAGE’s legal challenge to the provincial smoking ban dismissed?

. . . that I am this close to deciding that I will spoil my ballot on Monday?


* Additional research provided by James.

3 comments:

uberfrau said...

I'm just hoping that you have clean undewear.

xanthium said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm convinced that 25 will be better than 24.

Caron said...

My condolences on your election.