Saturday, December 31, 2005

The life of the mind

I have noticed that, after reading several hundred pages of theory in one sitting, I develop a mysterious and insatiable need to listen to really dumb rock 'n' roll.

I have also noticed that, after reading several hundred pages of theory in one sitting, I become impossibly distracted by things like this:

Prick

(Hey, I’m being Foucauldian. Didja catch it?)

In other news, I received a package today which contained, among other books, a copy of Richard Klein’s Cigarettes are Sublime. It will be the first thing I read when my synthesis paper is finished.

And yes, I intend to smoke while I read it. Heavily.

Portrait

Thanks, by the way, to Mia for the pics. I’ll be referring to them often in the days ahead.

2 comments:

Madman Mundt said...

LIFE OF THE MIND!? I'll SHOW YOU the life of the mind!

Vila H. said...

Excellent!