Monday, December 05, 2005

The Great Purge

Sometime around late August, I let things get away from me. I can tell this from the detritus I have allowed to accumulate since then: email messages, post-it notes, meeting minutes, bank statements, unpaid bills, grocery receipts, torn-off bits of cigarette packs with phone numbers on them, newspaper clippings, unread magazines, borrowed books, frameless photographs, dust, cat hair, cat litter, cat toys, foul-smelling sweaters, holey socks, unlabelled CD-Rs, IKEA catalogues, election pamphlets, empty prescription bottles, aborted blog posts, dead lighters, itinerant business cards, and still more dust.

So, today, I decided that it was well past time for me to get my shit together. Seventeen hours of sorting, filing, deleting, tossing, recycling, cleaning, rearranging, and otherwise purging later, I think it is safe to say that I have made progress. (Surveys apartment.) Yes, most definitely.

Now, the rest of my life...

2 comments:

Frank said...

I feel like I have spent my life trying to do that.

Vila H. said...

I suspect we all feel that way...