Friday, November 04, 2005

Head

Today, after approximately seven hours of uninterrupted bullshit, with a cold, broke, and having eaten exactly one slice of lukewarm pizza, I lost it.

Of course I did. I should have been at home and in bed, nursing a pot of chamomile tea and leisurely working on a crossword puzzle. Instead, I spent the day dealing with unrepentant assholes who persist in thinking that I was put on this earth to tend to their overinflated egos.

So, while walking home after a late meeting with Ada, I lost it, right there in the middle of the street. The last thing I remember saying, or possibly shouting, was “I am so fucking sick of dealing with people...” Then I burst into tears.

After I regained my composure, I decided that it was time to call a strike vote. “All in favour?” I asked myself. “Aye,” I replied. Hence, as of midnight tonight, I am legally on strike, and will remain so until the following demands have been met:

  1. A living wage.
  2. Sick pay.
  3. A home-cooked meal.
  4. A massage.
  5. Good TV.
  6. Cabana boys.
  7. Cabana girls.
  8. Vacation time.
  9. A zero-tolerance policy on assholes.
  10. Never, ever having to think about gender difference again.

1 comment:

uberd said...

ummm vila, I don't know if you noticed or not, but you're in a negative thinking free zone. please act accordingly.