Friday, June 03, 2005

Bloodwork

So, I’m anemic again. I have been, on and off, for years, but I thought I had it licked this time. Not even close, apparently.

It was almost a relief to get the call from the lab. I’ve been feeling slightly fucked up for weeks, somewhere between edgy and scattered and bone-tired. I could feel myself receding from things; the nerves were too close to the skin, and I couldn’t catch my breath. I assumed it was stress, because everything is stress.

Sometimes I worried that it had come to it—that the recessive genes had surged, and that I was finally going mad. Would you know it if you were? My brother didn’t. I doubt my mother did either.

So now it’s back on the iron pills and hoping they take, quickly. I’ve got shit to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anemia?! I'm afraid the only known cure is STOUT BEER, and a great deal of it. My sympathies.

bob said...

Nothing that a little back-alley badminton can't cure.

Feel better...

Vila H. said...

Beer and badminton -- but of course! Thanks, docs!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted to let you guys know that I wasn't coming tonight, but I don't have your phone number (or proper email). This is the best I can do, sorry
--Monica

Anonymous said...

Floradix, health food store. It's all natural, works much better, no gut-rot no constipation. Great for energy level. Keep it in the fridge or it ferments.
-mAz