Tuesday, April 26, 2005

More other people's stuff

Some posts I've been meaning to write, but better writers got to them first:

First up, a fine piece on the current and likely fleeting celebrity of Montreal (among other things) by the recently exiled Iso G. It's funny how all the hoopla started after you left, isn't it G.?

Next, a veracious account of the insomniac life by fellow sufferer, Kirsten Cameron. This is one of my favourite blogs, by the way.

Finally, a thought-provoking obituary for the late Andrea Dworkin by, well, since everyone else has a nom de guerre here, let's just call him the Professor.

More soon.

5 comments:

Iso G said...

Thanks for that. I'm thinking about a longer rejoinder to Florida, actually, so stay tuned.

Back in Montreal next week. We'll definitely do the beer thing then.

Vila H. said...

Excellent! Give a shout when you get in...

g_pi said...

Hi V,

Wow and thanks ENORMOUSLY for the shout-out and the quite extraordinary compliment you paid me. It's funny, because I was just reading your blog a couple of days ago and thinking how it had - in a very short amount of time - become one of my must-reads. Quite delighted to know it's mutual.

And so you're a fellow sufferer...? What do you do to lure Hypnos into your bed...?

Vila H. said...

Oh, the usual... reading, chain-smoking, blogging, none of which have proven to be terribly effective. If I had more money than I do, I'd resort to scotch.

Know that I empathize when you say, "I am so sick of consciousness I could die." I'm afraid, however, that's the best I can offer. Hang in there.

g_pi said...

Ah yes, the healthy 3-step programme...

And even though I would rather, for you, that you didn't have (cursed) insomnia, it feels better somehow, to know I'm in good company...