Thursday, March 24, 2005

Exhale

I am drunk and hungry and tired and tomorrow I'm gonna sleep until I feel like waking up and maybe I'll dream about quiet philosophers who hang around while I smoke cigarettes and I will not think about all the work I have to do as my cats purr beside me and I'll climb out of bed as the sun streams in and maybe have coffee at the café with a well-deserved hangover and gaze out the window without taking anything in and think about how fucking lucky I am to have the friends that I do and the life that I have and to be smart enough at least to recognize this fact and to still feel love and hope and wonder at the world in spite of everything and because of everything and I know you really shouldn't write blog posts while drunk but I don't care because when all is said and done it was a really good day. Yeah...

5 comments:

Caron said...

And run on sentences are vastly underrated.

Caron said...

P.S. While I appreciate promo of my blog (Politics Galore) on your site, Vila, the actual link doesn't work. Bummer. Would you mind correcting - or adding my other blog (Guacamolelane.blogspot.com) instead? You know, I jump on any chance I have to spead my words to the masses. Yeah, I'm a blog whore that way. ;-)

Vila H. said...

Ack -- I'll have someone take care of that ASAP! Thanks for the error report...

Caron said...

No worries... Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Piffel. Posting while drunk is hilarious and you know it ;)

In fact, I'm doing it right now.

yours in "Happy Drunk" commradery (sp?)
mAzFuSiOn