Monday, October 25, 2004

Languor

It has been a gloriously lazy Sunday, one that began free of the tyranny of my alarm clock and mercifully followed nine hours of uninterrupted, dream-infused sleep. I briefly considered using the waning afternoon hours to clean my fur-lined apartment but decided instead to remain in my pyjamas and do absolutely nothing of any consequence except laundry. In light of the miserable, Taylorist week that has just passed, this small act felt deliciously subversive and was, I believe, completely justifiable.

Following from my last post, I was going to write an impassioned screed about the history of the family wage and the post-industrial division of labour and how this applies to a knowledge-based economy but I think I will watch TV instead. Even Marx needed a day off once in a while.

No comments: